I'm trying to sort out the HHP-16K EPROM Emulator

Everything about 41C 41CV and 41CX Hardware

I'm trying to sort out the HHP-16K EPROM Emulator

Postby ronfred » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:46 am

I picked up one of these HP41C ROM emulators with no documentation. There are several gaps in my understanding of how to move from MCODE to EPROM too. But I have started an online journal for this device in the hopes of figuring out how to use it and therefore document it for others to learn along with me.

For starters I am not sure of the switch settings vs. EPROM's to use. Does anyone have any details on this device?

Here is my online documentation to date on this device:
http://www.embeddedcomponents.com/blogs ... -emulator/

PS: Thanks Warren for putting this Forum software package online!
ronfred

Re: I'm trying to sort out the HHP-16K EPROM Emulator

Postby wfurlow » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:44 pm

As it happens, I recently got some info on this and just hadn't gotten around to putting it online yet. You can find it in the library now. The online docs you have done are very good and and I would like to link to it or better yet obtain a PDF when you are finished so that it can be a permanent part of the library.
wf
wfurlow
HP.org Owner
HP.org Owner

Re: I'm trying to sort out the HHP-16K EPROM Emulator

Postby ronfred » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:40 pm

The new documentation for the HHP-16K is fantastic. I thought I was going to have to reverse engineer the entire schematic of the board to figure out how those darn switches were connected. I will try my eprom burn again armed with this new documentation. When I am satisfied that I can actually execute some code from my device, I'll suggest posting a PDF of my engineering white paper on this site.

Ron
ronfred

Return to HP-41 Hardware