Page 1 of 1

Broken ENTER key

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:28 am
by leffe
Hi all,
I just found a box with an old HP 41C in it. It powers on ok and everything works fine.
The problem though is that right half of the ENTER key is "loose", just hanging down.
My guess is that there is a spring for every key, and two for the ENTER key since its larger. The right
one of these springs seems broken.

Is it worth the trouble to try and dismantle the keyboard unit and try to fix the key ?

Re: Broken ENTER key

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:44 am
by Garth
There are various 41 repair web pages, but I can't find one showing the keyboard. I believe the plastic keys are not separate, and that the Enter key is hinged along the entire bottom edge and has no springs other than the plastic and of course the snap domes that make the contact on the PC board. Hopefully someone else who knows more will answer. If you want to get it professionally repaired, use .

Re: Broken ENTER key

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:05 am
by leffe
Thanks Garth,
Since Im not in a hurry I will wait and see if there are any more suggestions. If I decide to send it in for repair I will let you know
the cost and results.
Its to easy to get attached to these little beasts :-)