Used HP41CX

Everything about 41C 41CV and 41CX Hardware

Used HP41CX

Postby jorger101 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:34 am

Hello

I would like to know if anyone knows the best way to obtain a used HP41CX. I losted all my HP-41s years ago and I definitely miss them. I have seen some in ebay, but their prices are pretty high. Any help will be appreciated. Right now I am using the HP-41 program in my computer which I love very much, but I still want to hold the real machine on my hands.

Best regards to everyone in the forum.

Jorge
jorger101

Re: Used HP41CX

Postby jotne » Fri May 29, 2009 5:26 am

If you do a search on eBay, make sure to select Worldwide. This way you can find some that many other miss a get a better price.
HP41CX with CCD module . HP41CV . HP42S + many other HP calculators
jotne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Garth » Fri May 29, 2009 5:40 pm

eBay pretty much reflects what they're worth to people. That does not mean however that you'll find a lot of consistency. Just keep it in your favorite searches so eBay Emails you every time one comes up for auction. There's one notorious seller whose prices are ridiculously high on buy-it-now-only options. His name sounds right along there with the capital of Germany. He has a near-perfect feedback rating and I don't know how he gets it if not from people with more money than patience who haven't been watching the market. I bought something recently in another field (not calculators) from a seller who had a near-perfect feedback rating, and then after I bought, I found out the feedback rating was somewhat artificial. I don't remember now how it worked. Anyway, the above-mentioned seller has written on the other fourm that we're all a bunch of idiots to appreciate these machines and that he's going to capitalize on that. Recently he had for example an Advantage module with a buy-it-now price of $250, with no chance of bidding less. But just a couple of days ago a co-worker bought (from another seller) a 41cx with the Advantage module, both for about $220, apparently in good condition.
Garth

Postby jorger101 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Thank you both for your feedback, I find your comments very useful. I just bought a used HP-41CV on ebay for $125.50 in an auction. I can't wait to receive it in the mail. I will still look for an HP-41CX an any other accesory that comes up such as the card reader, printer, rom modules,etc. I was surprised to see how many calculators are still availble on line at ebay. I even saw an original HP-35 on auction. I hope that I am able to obtain all the HP-41 hardware that I want.
jorger101

Return to HP-41 Hardware