Programming steps

Programming steps

Postby Aeberon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 pm

A visit to the MoHPC back in Oct 2000, I found a programme for "The Castle" which I thought would be an interesting programming project to undertake.!! Unfortunately there are steps within the programme, I can understand but physically programming them into the calc appears impossible.
As I've recently purchased an i41cx for an ipad, it does make thing a lot simpler for programming, but it still does not help with the odd steps. Examples are:

Step 5 CF IND X
Step 76 FC?C IND X
Step 84 FS? IND X

I am aware that these steps are something to do with flag settings/clearing but how is that "X" added to the programming line???
Aeberon

Re: Programming steps

Postby Garth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:58 pm

CF <shift> . X
The shift key gives the IND, and the dot prompts for a stack register.
Garth

Postby Aeberon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks very much for that. I've suddenly realised I can call any of the stack although in the instances in the programme the X register is called out. I read and re-read the manual but this sort of programming is not covered - well if it is I missed it.!!

Thanks for your help!
Aeberon

Postby Aeberon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi,
I thought I had the "Castle" nailed. Unfortunately I came across a few steps that are Alpha Code that I do not understand. Step 92 is within inverted commas and lists what appears to be an capital H with the right hand vertical stick missing. It look like one of the old asci characters from DOS computer days. I see it does feature in quite a few steps throughout the Castle programme.
Question is, what key sequence is used to produce the "character"

Thanks in anticipation.
Aeberon

Postby Garth » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Are you referring to the "append" character? That makes it so the text string gets added to what's in alpha, instead of replacing it. Press <shift> K in alpha mode to get it.
Garth

Postby Aeberon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:58 am

Yes that's it. Thanks very much for your help!
Aeberon

Return to Programming