ROM to .MOD

All plugins for the HP41

ROM to .MOD

Postby jwahl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Many years ago, I built several modules using a ZENGRANGE gadget that burned their ZEPROM's as I recall. Both were filled with user written programs. Now I am starting to explore the v41 emulator and I am wondering if there is a way to move the contents of those modules into a .MOD file. I have reveiwed some of the documents about .MOD things, and most seem to refer to building up a new form using other systems. But I barely know what I am doing.

I probably have IL disks with the user code on them, but it seems like half the work must already be done in building the existing EPROM. Pulling the programs back out of the module seems to create a lot of problems with XROM number issues.

What would be the best or easiest procedure to follow.

Thanks, Jerry
jwahl

Re: ROM to .MOD

Postby wfurlow » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:42 pm

I create MOD files using a C program which is hard coded with the values necessary to generate them. It is not difficult and I can do it for you if you send me the ROM file. The MLDL2000 Manager can also edit and create MOD files through a GUI, but if you aren't familiar with the details of the format you will not understand what values to enter.
Warren
wfurlow
HP.org Owner
HP.org Owner

Re: ROM to .MOD

Postby jwahl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 pm

That sounds generous of you.

However I don't think I even know how to make a ROM file. I guess I need to do some more studying on the topic.

- jerry
jwahl

Return to Modules