How Do I Access a Module?

All plugins for the HP41

How Do I Access a Module?

Postby sprog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:20 am

Sorry, I am new to HP41. I have two modules so far in my HP41CV (Financial I and Standard). These are plugged in; but how do I access these please?
sprog

Re: How Do I Access a Module?

Postby Garth » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 pm

The modules and their functions will show in in CATALOG 2. You can access the functions by typing them in, or assigning them to a key. To type one in, suppose (for the sake of discussion) that it has the name FOOBAR. Do XEQ ALPHA F O O B A R ALPHA and it will execute it (or, if in program mode, it will put it in your program). If it's a function you use often enough to not want to have to keep typing it in, you can assign it to a key. If for example you seldom use the % key, you could assign the function to that key, so pressing it in USER keyboard mode will do it. Then if you do want the %, press USER to get out of USER keyboard mode, and you'll get the function marked on the keyboard rather than your re-assignment. Do you have all the manuals? HP wrote excellent manuals back in the day.
Garth

Postby sprog » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:02 am

Thanks for that Garth. I only have 1 HP41 manual in hardcopy (Standard Applications); but downloaded a number of HP41 manuals and spent last night reading 100 pages and going through examples on my HP41C and CV. I worked some of this out myself by this morning; but your post has reinforced my understanding of what I assumed. You have also added to that knowledge with the Program mode comment. After only 1 evening of use, I love my HP41!! Also thank you for the links. :D
sprog

Postby Garth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:34 am

It really is a very flexible system, and recent additions from our fanatic engineer friends make it even more so. (I take it your last sentence refers to the HP-41 section of my links page of my website.) You'll really enjoy the 41. http://wilsonminesco.com/HP41intro.html tells how I got into it and the many modules and accessories I have for it. I have it equipped with the equivalent of a dozen modules in it, all available at the same time.
Garth

Return to Modules