HP "complete system" for sale ... maybe

Forum rules
Please add [Sold] in the header when item is sold.
eks
HP 41Cx for sale.
[Sold] HP 41Cx for sale.

HP "complete system" for sale ... maybe

Postby stickinmud » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:14 am

I am considering selling, but not quite sure:

HP 41CV
Bar Code Reader
Card reader, with several (not hundreds) of blank cards
Synthetic programming manual (yellow cover, screw-plastic binding, with "handy-dandy op-code plastic card") ... prepare to get your geese flying! (ohh boy ...)
HP41 Advantage Pac
Stat 1 Pac

All were working before going into a storage box. Nothing crushed.

ebay prices suggest total of $900, but ebay is *self-suggested* prices and may be optimistic.

Am I being greedy in that or is this reasonable?
stickinmud

Re: HP "complete system" for sale ... maybe

Postby Garth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:17 pm

I wouldn't go by the "Buy it now" prices. They seem to be overinflated by sellers who don't expect to sell at that price but may be using them to try to pump up the market for other similar ones they have to sell at the same time or later. See what the same things have actually been selling for.
Garth

Postby stickinmud » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:44 am

Understood about prices. I was not trying to violate "terms of use". If I did, I apologize.

I do not play ebay, so have no clue how to look at "actual sale price".

I will therefore bow out of your forum, unless someone responds with an offer and we can discuss.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
stickinmud

Postby Garth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 am

Shucks-- I can't even find the forum rules now, but I don't think you broke any. No need to apologize. I thought you were just trying to get a feel for the going price.
Garth

Postby stickinmud » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Partially, but only as part of a real sale.

I am not low-down enough to just use this as a sounding board. Rather this board is better suited than most to know ... they use and value them more than "gee ... looky ... old calclylater!" on ebay.

I do have all of those items, and am considering a new 15c since mine died eons ago (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away). My 28S serves well enough with its infinite stack but its keys tell me its days are numbered, and physical-form calculators may not be enough.

I may need to program my own emulator crossing 41CV/15c/28s, with the best of each. With the battery life of 41CV shorter than 15c, getting some green for items collecting dust seems attractive.
stickinmud

Postby Garth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 pm

I know the 15c had better battery life, but the 41's battery life wasn't bad at all. I was getting two years on a set of alkalines until I put in a double extended memory module, and now it goes about 6 months on a set. Back when this 41cx was getting used many hours a day controlling automated test equipment (signal generators, programmable power supplies, relay boxes, DMMs, etc.), a set of batteries still lasted a few months, which was incredible.
Garth

Postby stickinmud » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 am

My memory must be getting bad (or needs an Extended Memory Pak?) ... keyboard fumes it must be ... cannot be old age.

Maybe it was just the accessories (wand, Stat 1 and Advantage which both need to be fed constantly, card reader/writer).

I was speaking to (I should not report it) HP's re-release of the 15C ... supposedly "up to" 100x faster than the original.

Oddly, I like my 28S for "the field". Nobody wants to steal it, infinite stack (up to memory), 4-line display.

Enough ... This is a post for serious "I do not regularly use it" intent.

Toodles.
stickinmud

Return to Buy & Sell