HP 41CV frozen on ")- PRGM"

HP 41CV frozen on ")- PRGM"

Postby AFDUARTE » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

I got a HPCV made on singapure days ago. The calculator is really in very good phisical condiction. But, has a problem I could not fix.
Just after insert the Battery pack it turn on an the message MEMORY LOST is verified.
After the message the display shows an not usual information:
On the left side of display there is a symbol like )- followed by the lower PRGM. See below

I can press all almost keys and there is no reaction. The only keys which shows a change are ON and R/S keys.

In case the ON is pressed the calculator shows the MEMORY LOST MESSAGE again a just after goes back to ")- PRGM"
In case the R/S is pressed it shows like below and than goes back to ")- PRGM"

Additional informations I got:

1 - since i have another working CV I decided look to verify when the ")- PRGM" can be fould on normal operation. It is verified for very short period all the time the key R/S is pressed. You can test it on your calculator. just press R/S and you will notice that.
2 - I opened the calculator and the internal circuits do not shows any damage. I also noticed the calculator model is that one which has the small main board which can be easily disconnected from keyboard.

Any help will be useful.
Thanks.
André
Attachments
SAM_1266.JPG
display picture
AFDUARTE

Re: HP 41CV frozen on ")- PRGM"

Postby Garth » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Does it have any module plugged in that autoruns upon turn-on? I'm not familiear with these, but the autostart/duplication module comes to mind. It is obiously running a program (or trying to) immediately. I have mine set to run a short program every time I turn it on, via flag 11, but that wouldn't be the case after a "memory lost" condition.
Garth

Postby AFDUARTE » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Sorry about the delay to answer you question. I just notice that now.
No, there is no module attached to the calculator and I do not think this is a autorun issue.
I am still try to identify the reason for this strange behavior...
Thanks for your time and attention.
AFDUARTE

Postby Jan Duick » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi André,
I had the same problem past year with a CV too.
My MoBo was out-of-order and I had to change it.
The guy I bought one from is thoses days selling boards on ebay :
- CARTE MERE / MOTHER BOARD ROM GFF HEWLETT-PACKARD HP-41CV ( no HP-41C HP-41CX )
- CARTE MERE / MOTHER BOARD ROM HFF HEWLETT-PACKARD HP-41CV ( no HP-41C HP-41CX )
Good luck! Cheers.
Jan
Jan Duick

Return to General Discussion