Paper Keyboard

82153A

Paper Keyboard

Postby Neuron » Wed May 15, 2013 6:01 am

I've got the wand, user manual, and 10 page bar code stick-ems, but I don't have the Paper Keyboard. I was able to download a PDF file of the Keyboard...page 1 is the regular board and page 2 is the "alpha" board. Page 1 scan perfectly with the wand, but page 2 is crappy. I suppose I could recreate the keyboard with my stick-ems, but I'd rather get an on-line PDF file that I could print out. Can anyone direct me to a good Paper Keyboard PDF file on line? ;)
Neuron

Re: Paper Keyboard

Postby Neuron » Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 am

Follow-up. While searching on-line for the paper keyboard, I found someone selling the original paper keyboard along with another wand and un-opened pack of stick-ems..so I went ahead and got the whole package. At least I have another working wand as a backup in case mine decides to bite the dust... there doesn't seem to be much than can go wrong with the wand if you take care of it, however. :)
Neuron

Postby Garth » Wed May 29, 2013 7:09 am

I keep seeing the wands at such high prices on eBay that I have to wonder if the sellers get any sales at all (being wishful and unrealistic), or if for some reason they're trying to keep artificially high prices to benefit something else. If I sold all my HP-41 and 71 stuff, I could definitely get at least a couple thousand dollars; but there's no way I'm going to pay $380 for a wand. If they really are in such high demand, it seems like Diego or Monte or Meindert Kuipers or someone else would be interested in making a replacement with programmable logic, and make it more capable than the original one was, as they have done with the NoV64, 41CL, MLDL2000, etc.. It could be made to read many more kinds of barcode, and possibly do other related things too.
Garth

Postby beckermj » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 am

neuron,

I have a copy of the paper keyboard which came with the wand. I'd be happy to send you a copy. If you want me to do this, you will need to send me info to get it to you. I'd only expect you to pay for the shipping fees if required.

Wow, $380 for a wand on eBay. I got mine on eBay 4 years ago for $63.00 and I used it to develop my barcode Generator program (now available on HP41.org)!

JB
beckermj

Return to Bar Code Wand