MOD page characteristics for uploading in Clonixd/Nov64d ?

Programs for HP-41

MOD page characteristics for uploading in Clonixd/Nov64d ?

Postby floppy_stuttgart » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:01 pm

Hello,
for uploading ROM (sorry, not "MOD") files into Nov64d, is there any rule generally valid or each ROM file has it own setup? I try to understand if each ROM file has its own setup or if it can be moved anywhere in the HP41 memory (where free room available; except lib4 and cl4 only in page 4).

Question 1: if a module is only 4k or 8k or 12k or 16k (example math as ROM in clonixd, or hp16c which is 16k), it can be placed in any free page = everywhere? (I suppose yes; except lib4 and perhaps for zrom because the hw module upload the page in the upper level of the port where the hardware module is in).
Or some of them must be placed everytime in a page 6 or 8 or A or C or E? (= "lower" type)

Question 2: We know the special zrom is in the upper page of the port where the module is; then zrom is in the clonixd, it must be placed in any "upper" (example page 7) or not?
page 6 would be possible? Question is not soo important because I dont have a module and dont know what to do with a zrom. However, understanding it correctly would allow me to put the correct rules into an excel simulator (available on demand).

Question 3: When we have a ROM with size more than 16k (example sandmath or advantage), it can be placed in pages 5&6 or 6&7 or 7&8..? (= contiguous mean "even&odd" or "odd&even"?)
or it can only be placed in contiguous pages where the lower has to be 6 or 8 or A or C or E?
or such sw mod can only be placed in "port" pages 8&9 or A&B or C&D or D&F? I am interested to know any limitation.

Few hints from the community is welcome: it will help me to avoid too much recursions upload/test/ask/update when I upload the ROM files into clonixd. Perhaps there is no wide accepted rules and each module has its own wild setup depending of the creator. I am just trying to understand.

Update: "ROM" instead of MOD. contiguous "even&odd" or "odd&even".
floppy_stuttgart

Re: MOD page characteristics for uploading in Clonixd/Nov64d

Postby mike-stgt » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:28 pm

floppy_stuttgart wrote:... or if it can be moved anywhere in the HP41 memory
The HP41 does not comply the Princeton architecture. Therefore you can't copy ROM to memory, or storage if you prefer, ROM into RAM to be clear.
tl;dr
mike-stgt

Return to HP-41 Software