go41cx saving and loading programs on an Android (Samsung)

Programs for HP-41

go41cx saving and loading programs on an Android (Samsung)

Postby vervalin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:23 am

Hi, I have installed the amazing go41cx emulator on my Android Samsung A42 5G phone. I can load modules (Printer, etc) and use the emulator for normal calculations. I can even write programs and run them...

But, I cannot figure out how to save programs (or load them). I know where the data is stored on my phone so that is not a problem.

Also, I cannot find ANY documentation on this emulator. Even though Oliver links to it, there is no PDF at that link.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks!!
Paul
vervalin

Re: go41cx saving and loading programs on an Android (Samsun

Postby dlachieze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:19 pm

I have also go41cx on my phone (Android 10). It’s a great 41 emulator.

To load or save programs :
  • Press the left side of the display
  • Select config
  • On the bottom of the config screen press RAW
  • You’ll get the list of user programs (.raw) that you can load
  • Press a second time on RAW to get a menu where you can choose to load or save a program
On my phone the go41cx files are stored in: Android/data/o2s.emul.hp41cx/files this is where you need to put files from external sources you want to load into go41cx.
dlachieze

Postby vervalin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:20 pm

Thank you!! I would not have discovered that in a million years... Is there any available documentation for this App? I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks again!!
Paul
vervalin

Postby dlachieze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:45 pm

vervalin wrote:Is there any available documentation for this App?

The only documentation I’m aware of is available here: https://sites.google.com/site/olivier2smet2/home/go41cx
dlachieze

Postby KronosRameses » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:26 pm

I've encountered a similar issue before, and I think I may be able to help. If you're comfortable with tinkering with the emulator's files, you could try to manually save and load programs from your device. I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be careful, but please, always back up your data before making any changes. You could also visit https://smartengines.com/ to get AI-based products for mobile apps with advanced features. They'll help improve file identification by the device's OS and help you complete this task. Or, you could always reach out to the go41cx community and ask for help. You could find an online forum dedicated to this emulator or even contact the developers themselves.
KronosRameses

Return to HP-41 Software