Purchased i41CX+ emulator - no manual, developer site down

Programs for HP-41

Purchased i41CX+ emulator - no manual, developer site down

Postby mark-in-seattle » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:57 am

Hello,

My first post, sorry it is about a problem with i41cx+ emulator - can not access modules (MODs ?) and do not have an i41CX+ emulator manual. The developer: Antonio Lagana's website http://alsoftiphone.com is down. I hope everything is fine with him. [UPDATE --- still can not access alsoftiphone.com website, but eventually found a "mini-manual" for i41cx+ emulator - how would anyone know that pressing the LCD display area reveals the back of the emulated calculator where modules are selected and enabled ???? ].

After purchasing i41cx+ on the Mac App Store, maybe 1 year ago, I should have downloaded the emulator manual, but did not, since my own real HP-41CV purchased decades ago is still going strong and I am pretty familiar with the operation of an HP-41. Well my own physical HP-41cv has the MATH pac module and now that I am doing more work in Sketchup-Pro I've needed to calculate angles but have not figured out how to access the HP "MATH" pac inside i41CX+ on the iPhone (or my41CX a free emulator running under MacOSX). [UPDATE --- still no manual found for the "my41CX" emulator running under MacOSX, and I use it most often when working in Sketchup-Pro on the Mac desktop]

Under MacOSX the my41CX emulator app folder structure contains lots of xxx.mod files in the resources folder, including the MATH module. The app itself says it can load MOD files into any of four synthetic bays, but there are no instructions and I have not figured out how to get any Modules to install. I have downloaded MOD files including the MATH.mod from this HP41.org library (thank-you) but again do not understand how to get either i41CX+ (iphone) or my41CX (MacOSX) to access the MATH module. [UPDATE --- finally got MATH pac to load in i41CX+, but not the my41CX app. Had to download all the MOD files on the HP41.org site not knowing how to specify just the MATH module I wanted.]

If anyone can help me find an [a better ?] emulator manual for i41CX+ -and/or- any manual for my41CX, or knows how to get either emulator to access MOD files so I can run MATH pac subroutines just like my trusty HP-41CV does, I would be very grateful, thank-you. [Thank you again for the HP41.org site hosting mod files the i41CX+ app could download. For anyone reading this post who needs to link MOD files to the i41cx app and does not have a manual, the key for me was discovering that pressing the app's LCD display zone reveals a "backside" view of app functions, including how to select modules.]
Last edited by mark-in-seattle on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
mark-in-seattle

Re: Purchased i41CX+ emulator - no manual, developer site do

Postby Garth » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:38 am

mark-in-seattle wrote: it is about a problem with i41cx+ emulator - can not access modules (MODs ?) and do not have an i41CX+ emulator manual. The developer: Antonio Lagana's website http://alsoftiphone.com is down. I hope everything is fine with him.

I just now tried and the website came right up, and I downloaded the 55-page manual. Try again. Maybe it was temporarily down for some kind of maintenance (although I never take mine down when I do maintenance).
Garth

Thank you for reply regarding website and User Manual

Postby mark-in-seattle » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 am

Thank-you for reply.

Yes, I noticed the i41cx website is reachable now. As you suggest, could very well have been down briefly for maintenance.

Was able to download the "mini-manual" user manual.

Different question from my earlier post: i41cx+ is a great app when I am using my iPhone or iPad. On my MacOS (Catalina) desktop and working with Sketchup-Pro I must use the "my41CX" desktop app for HP41cv emulation. The my41CX desktop app does say it supports Modules and I have found areas of the UI that reference my physical HP41cv four module slots, however I have not been able to locate any manual for the free my41CX to explain how to link MOD files to the application. By chance do you know how that might be accomplished, or have seen a manual for my41CX ?

Thank you.
mark-in-seattle

Re: Purchased i41CX+ emulator - no manual, developer site do

Postby Garth » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 am

I've never used a calculator simulator, and I don't know the answer to your question. I'm trying to think of who would be best to contact for that.
Garth

Return to HP-41 Software