New "Quad Module" is actually a "CCD A" — I've got questions

Everything about 41C 41CV and 41CX Hardware

Re: New "Quad Module" is actually a "CCD A" — I've got quest

Postby mike-stgt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:30 pm

rprosperi wrote:[...] The 41CX changed CAT-2 to instead show only the ROM headers for each (so if 3 ROMs installed, only 3 items shown)
You should be precise to avoid confusion. We all know (or almost all do know) an HP41 ROM may show in CAT 2 several headers, typically used to group functions/programs that belong togehter. Well-known examples: Time and XF within HP-41CX, HP-IL, Extended IO, Advantage ROM, just to name a few. And -- ah, yes... also the CCD ROM :mrgreen:
Code: Select all
-W&W CCD B 
-ARR FNS   
-HEX FNS   
-I/O FNS   
-ADV FNS   
-XF/M FNS   

Note: Plug-in modules and ROMs may even have no CAT-2 header at all. To name some examples is left as an exercise for the experts out there.
mike-stgt

Re: New "Quad Module" is actually a "CCD A" — I've got quest

Postby rprosperi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 am

mike-stgt wrote:
rprosperi wrote:[...] The 41CX changed CAT-2 to instead show only the ROM headers for each (so if 3 ROMs installed, only 3 items shown)
You should be precise to avoid confusion. We all know (or almost all do know) an HP41 ROM may show in CAT 2 several headers, typically used to group functions/programs that belong togehter. Well-known examples: Time and XF within HP-41CX, HP-IL, Extended IO, Advantage ROM, just to name a few. And -- ah, yes... also the CCD ROM :mrgreen:
Code: Select all
-W&W CCD B 
-ARR FNS   
-HEX FNS   
-I/O FNS   
-ADV FNS   
-XF/M FNS   

Note: Plug-in modules and ROMs may even have no CAT-2 header at all. To name some examples is left as an exercise for the experts out there.

You're right of course, a given module can include several headers; I was trying to keep it simple to focus on the difference between a list of headers and a list of the functions within the headers. The OP had figured-out that the CCD A module includes the 6 headers, so did not think it needed explaining, but you're right that being inexact can lead to misunderstanding.

As for modules and ROMs with no CAT-2 header, hmmm... the only obvious ones are the 41 OS itself (these are ROMs), and HEPAX pages containing FOCAL programs. More than that will take more thought....
rprosperi

Return to HP-41 Hardware