Keystrokes

Keystrokes

Postby jmothersbaugh » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:59 pm

I am trying to program in William Kolb's curve fit program which is now free online into my iPhone HP41CV simulator. I have figured out how to input all the keystrokes except for the { and the (. These appear in the program as alpha characters but from the keyboard, I just don't know the keystrokes to get these brackets to appear. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I am a long time user of the HP41CV which I bought back in the 80's. I still have it but have not used it in a long time. I need N batteries for it.

Jeff Mothersbaugh
jmothersbaugh

Re: Keystrokes

Postby pcscote » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 am

These special characters:
Code: Select all
( ) [ ]
cannot be entered directly on the keyboard without using the synthetic Byte Grabber, one of these advanced system modules (CCD ROM, ZenROM, etc.) or from a bar code.

I have the originals 2nd & 3rd edition of the book and on these editions the author have added the bar code for these four special characters.

With the CCD module plugged-in (or mapped in a virtual setting), [ALPHA] mode activated, [USER] mode deactivated, the following keys will generate the needed characters
Code: Select all
[shift] [D]  →  [
[shift] [E]  →  ]
[shift] [I]  →  (
[shift] [J]  →  )

Sylvain
pcscote

Postby mike-stgt » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:48 pm

jmothersbaugh wrote:I have figured out how to input all the keystrokes except for the { and the (.
With my tired eyes I recognise a brace or curly bracket and a parenthesis.
No problem. ZENROM offers besides the usual ALPHA mode a USER-ALPHA mode, SHIFTed and non-SHIFTed, what gives direct keystroke access to plenty characters, including parenthesis and square brackets. But no curly brackets.
No problem. ZENROM offers also a "Syntext" entry. mode, see paragraph 4.2.2 of its manual. In ALPHA mode hit [SHIFT][ALPHA] to be prompted to enter a two-digit hex value. Works in all ALPHA modes, including LBL, XEQ, GTO entry. You just need an ASCII table of the printer you use to find the hex values of { and }.

Where to find the ZENROM? See Warren's Archive DVD.
Where to find an ASCII table? Hmm... -- your problem.
mike-stgt

Postby Garth » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:44 am

mike-stgt wrote:
jmothersbaugh wrote:I have figured out how to input all the keystrokes except for the { and the (.
[...] Where to find an ASCII table? Hmm... -- your problem.

( is $28
) is $29
{ is $7B
} is $7D

I have the ZENROM, and really enjoy it.
Garth

Return to Programming