Redwood SGS MOD gives "NONEXISTENT"

All plugins for the HP41

Redwood SGS MOD gives "NONEXISTENT"

Postby mhdiemert » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi,
Just installed the go41cx on my phone as well as the I45cx on my iPad. Was able to load the Redwood SGS MOD on both devices and start them up, resulting in the "NONEXISTENT" message immediately. What am I missing?
mhdiemert

Re: Redwood SGS MOD gives "NONEXISTENT"

Postby nowake92 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:07 pm

It appears the halt occurs in program "WMX", due to a call to the CARD READER (XROM 31,14). If you don't have it plugged then you'll get a NONEXISTENT error message. Do you have a manual for this module? it may be explained there...
nowake92

Postby mhdiemert » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Dear nowake92,
thanks for your prompt reply. What I do not understand is the fact that the SGS Gas module does not require any periodicals to be connected while using the module. The original SGS instruction manual does not refer to a card reader. So it may be something else. The SGS MOD file from the HP41 library does not specify any special instructions on how to operate the program. And again there might be something else missing in the configuration of the go41cx or i41cx.
mhdiemert

Postby nowake92 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:10 pm

If you inspect the code you'll see there are multiple calls to XROM functions to a module with XROM id=31. I was wrong this is not the card reader (which has XROM id#=30) so it may be that the MOD file is missing another "page" , i.e. the original SGS module was an 8k module but we only have the lower part?
nowake92

Postby mhdiemert » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:33 pm

On my Android phone i got it to work partially by adding the X-function module to the SGS module. As you stated the SGS module is possibly not complete. No luck getting it to work on the iPad.
mhdiemert

Return to Modules