FS HP-41CV - a question for the moderators

Forum rules
Please add [Sold] in the header when item is sold.
eks
HP 41Cx for sale.
[Sold] HP 41Cx for sale.

FS HP-41CV - a question for the moderators

Postby cappy2112 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:02 am

Hello,

I've got a primo HP-41CV for sale as well as some ROM cartridges, on Craigslist.
Is it ok for me to post the links to those ads in this forum?

Thanks
cappy2112

Re: FS HP-41CV - a question for the moderators

Postby Garth » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:03 am

I believe so but let's see if Warren shows up.
Garth

Postby rprosperi » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:49 pm

In the past the policy has been largely the same as over on MoHPC, that folks selling locally (and that would include CL) are OK; the thing to be avoided is eBay sellers, using this as another place to get leads for their commercial listings.
rprosperi

Postby cappy2112 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:33 pm

I’ve got a few HP calcs for sale on CL now. I am not a dealer I’m just trying to trim down to get ready for retirement.
I try to avoid EBAY as well.
cappy2112

Postby mike-stgt » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:48 am

Garth, Warren, rprosperi... numerous moderators here. Marvellous.
mike-stgt

Postby rprosperi » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:41 pm

mike-stgt wrote:Garth, Warren, rprosperi... numerous moderators here. Marvellous.

I'm not a moderator here, just commenting on policies and behavior I've seen here for the past 5+ years.
rprosperi

Postby Garth » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:21 pm

cappy2112 wrote:I've got a primo HP-41CV for sale as well as some ROM cartridges, on Craigslist.

I see Warren (the forum owner) still hasn't responded. I check the forum several times a day, but he seldom checks in. He has not given me any instructions about this; but I'm totally in favor of doing whatever it takes to get these things into the hands of people who will value and use and take care of them, rather than have them forgotten in an attic, or worse, since they're not being made anymore, and HP has really declined since the 1980's and 90's.
Garth

Postby cappy2112 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Garth wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:I've got a primo HP-41CV for sale as well as some ROM cartridges, on Craigslist.

I see Warren (the forum owner) still hasn't responded. I check the forum several times a day, but he seldom checks in. He has not given me any instructions about this; but I'm totally in favor of doing whatever it takes to get these things into the hands of people who will value and use and take care of them, rather than have them forgotten in an attic, or worse, since they're not being made anymore, and HP has really declined since the 1980's and 90's.

Thanks Garth. I've posted my messages in the Buy & Sell forum.
I'll head over to MOHPC as well, I want to hit the widest possible audience.

That 41CV is the flagship, in terms of condition. I'm really surprised it hasn't sold already.
I did sell a 15C though, which was also in great condition. Only 1 of the 16Cs I have for sale
isn't in great condition, but I've seen much worse.
cappy2112

Postby cappy2112 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:47 pm

rprosperi wrote:In the past the policy has been largely the same as over on MoHPC, that folks selling locally (and that would include CL) are OK; the thing to be avoided is eBay sellers, using this as another place to get leads for their commercial listings.

Is it me, or did the MoHPC Classifieds forum shrivel up?
There are only a handful of posts there. I thought I remembered seeing much more activity (prior to 2020)....
cappy2112

Postby rprosperi » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:31 am

cappy2112 wrote:Is it me, or did the MoHPC Classifieds forum shrivel up?
There are only a handful of posts there. I thought I remembered seeing much more activity (prior to 2020)....

There are fewer seen in that sub-forum than a few years ago, due to several factors.

a. eBay has become easier to learn/use (and provides many more eyes) and payment there is not as scary as it used to be.
b. Sellers quite often remove their posts after something is sold (though I've never figured out why)
c. Other venues such as CL, Reddit, FB, etc. have become mainstream and most non-nerds are already comfortable in those places and it's a lot easier to post stuff there than learning how to use a geek forum (which of course is not true, but this is what they tend to believe).

hth
rprosperi

Return to Buy & Sell